[StBernard] The Road Home e-Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 24 23:13:26 EDT 2007

The Road Home

Dear Homeowner,

To keep you up-to-date on current policies and new Road Home services, the program will be sending regular electronic updates to homeowners on our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive these updates, please send an email to communications at road2la.org and ask to be removed from our mailing list.

Today's update will discuss:

* What's In My Backyard (WIMBY)
* Homeowner Information Sessions dates and locations
* Dallas Mobile Deployment
* Program statistics as of May 21, 2007

What's In My Back Yard ( WIMBY)

The What's In My Back Yard (WIMBY) tool <http://wimbydb.road2la.org/WIMBY/Introduction.do> is designed to assist you in your decision of whether or not to move back to your pre-Katrina or pre-Rita neighborhood by providing recovery status information searchable by zip code and parish.

The Road Home WIMBY tool currently features information on the following:

* Adult Centers

*
Libraries

* After School Programs

*
Places of Worship

*
Banks

*
Post Offices

*
Building Permits

*
Public Transportation

*
Childcare Centers

*
Recreational Centers

* Fire Houses

*
Schools

*
Gas

*
Water/Sewage

* Grocery Stores

*
Road Home applications/
options selected

*
Hospitals

WIMBY is designed to offer a general overview of the condition of an area. While The Road Home strives to keep WIMBY as up-to-date as possible, the recovery status of communities is constantly changing. If you know of a facility that has not been included or has been incorrectly reported as being closed, please let us know <http://wimbydb.road2la.org/WIMBY/DidWeMissSomething.do> .

Homeowner Information Sessions

Date Time Place
5-24

6 PM

Hackberry Community Center
986 Main Street
Hackberry

5-26

10 AM

Living the Word International
1000 Caruso Blvd.
Slidell

5-26

1 PM

Holy Angels Church
3500 St. Claude Avenue
New Orleans

5-28 7 PM First Presbyterian Church
5401 S. Claiborne Ave.
New Orleans
5-30 6 PM Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
2009 N Simmons Street
Lake Charles
5-30 7 PM Broadmoor Neighborhood Association
4230 S. Broad St.
New Orleans

For a full list of events visit www.road2la.org/homeowner/events.htm <http://www.road2la.org/homeowner/events.htm>

Dallas Mobile Housing Assistance Center

When: May 29th - June 2nd

Where: Hyatt Regency Dallas <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Hyatt+Regency+Dallas,+Union+Station,+300+Reunion+Boulevard,+Dallas,+Texas,+75207&ie=UTF8&ll=32.806899,-96.795044&spn=0.580584,1.0849&z=10&iwloc=0&om=1>
Union Station
300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75207

Read Dallas Mobile Center News Release <http://www.road2la.org/news%5Freleases/dallas%5Fmobile%5F051807.htm>

The Road Home program statistics as of May 21, 2007

Applications Recorded 138,557
Benefits Options Selected 41,775
Benefits Calculated 79,290
Number of Closings Held 19,882