[StBernard] Gubernatorial hopefuls debate

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 25 22:42:25 EDT 2007

The truth is the bulk of John Georges income comes from his video poker
business - though he "might" be telling a half truth about his dumping that
business. That's because (and forgive my lack of technical specifics on
this) but the video poker machines he sells uses a type of software that
soon the State will be changing from. In other words, unless Georges wants
to put out big bucks, his machines are going to become obsolete.

But make no bones about it, his wealth comes from his gambling business.
That's why organizations like the Louisiana Association of Business and
Industry (LABI) are not too crazy about him - this I know as an inside fact.
He did not build a large business from the ground up over a period of years
like Walter Boasso did - nor does he supply hundreds of good, salary based
jobs to the local economy as Boasso America does.

It's funny how so many candidates run for office claiming to be a
"businessman" just because they paid $25 to the Secretary of State's office
to get a piece of paper saying they own a buisness name.

John Scurich