[StBernard] Nagin for Governor?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 29 00:46:24 EDT 2007

"....Such a scenario ... Jindal v. Nagin ... as scary as that seems, may
actually produce a "Democratic" victory according to Nagin's supporters..."

I'd like to know which political idiot(s) are feeding this crap into Nagin's
head. All you have to do it look at previous gubernatorial elections to
figure the outcome. Even against Jindal head to head, the very best Nagin
could hope to do is get 39% of the vote statewide - and that's only "IF"
Nagin is attractive to voters as Cleo Fields - and he's NOT! Deep down,
even blacks in Louisiana think Nagin is an idiot - and an incompentent one
at that. He's done absolutely nothing for "black" New Orleans while in
office - except perhaps prooving that a "businessman" is not always the best
choice over a seasoned politician to be elected to an exective position -
and blacks outside of New Orleans think even less of him.

Let me cut to the bone - and this is bases off my years of running political
campaigns and working closely with the likes of John Grimm of Mulit-Quest
Internation (in Metairie) who many consider to be the best/most accurate
political pollster in the country: Nagin will take no votes away from Mayor
"Ray and the Chocolate Factory" Nagin. If anything, he will only take votes
from Walter Boasso and Foster Campbell. White Louisiana will NOT stay home
on election day (that's a pipe dream of Nagin supporters) and White
Louisiana either hates Nagin, can't stand Nagin, thinks Nagin is a
white-hater, or simply is a complete baffoon. Against Jindal, Nagin would be
lucky and should consider it a major triumph if he could get 35% of the
vote.

And one other thing....who is going to give Nagin money???? He's pissed off
business and corporate New Orleans and no one outside of Louisiana is going
to back him - not even the state Democratic Party.

To put it simply: Politically, Nagin is more dead in the water than a
chocolate factory that's run out of milk. I'll wager what's left of my
house in Chalmette on it.

- John Scurich