[StBernard] Building better

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 29 22:51:31 EDT 2007

Wes,

I believe the website was solarpanels.org...I googled solar panels and
read several websites and a lot about them, packages on grid/off grid, stuff
like that. One of them stated that it would increase the value of your home
by 20,000 per year, especially in light of numerous cities having trouble
keeping up with power demands.

The divorce rate, now that one was before I left UNO. In some article I was
reading for research, one professor found that there was some error in how
divorce rates were measured because of people remarrying. In questionaires,
people are asked single/married/divorced, and have you ever been
divorced...but they don't ask how many times divorced. It was one of those
sociology classes, that went on to explain the new trend of people now
living together and not marrying, but still having kids and stuff. They just
keep monetary things separate- bank accounts, joint purchases, split bills,
etc. Third an fourth marriages previously fell within the margin of error
that most statistics quote, but with the Mcdonaldization of America, the are
becoming more common, this phenomenon (as he said) has increased and now
plays a hand in statistics. Before the storm, could go right to that article
in all my books, now, it's somewhere on "Parish" Road dump site. Sorry I
couldn't tell you more. I know it was a published, maybe jstor or a book of
collected articles...not sure, don't even know why that stuck, except I've
been married and divorced twice.

Wendy