[StBernard] supplemental insurance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 29 23:42:21 EDT 2007

I found out about supplemental insurance AFTER the storm. My co-worker did
not have it, but her husband found out that his insurance broker, Eustis
Insurance, was selling it pre-Katrina through Lloyds of London. However,
when we all inquired after Katrina, we were told that no one, not even
Lloyds which underwrites some incredibly risky insurance, will provide any
supplemental flood insurance to anyone flooded from Katrina. Now this was in
2006, so if anyone has the time to call Eustis Insurance, let us know if
they have any underwriter that will add a flood supplement onto the National
Flood Insurance Policy even if the house is within a levee system and had
been flooded by Katrina. (Supplemental flood insurance meant that it pays
off only if you reach $250,000 for structure damage and $100,000 for
contents, and only for the difference between that coverage by the Natl
Flood Insurance Program and the limits of the supplemental policy.) ddk