[StBernard] Senator Boasso Sponsors Resolution Urging Federal Government to Fulfill Promises to Louisiana

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 1 19:30:11 EDT 2007

Walter wrote:

However, the latest declaration by Chairman Don Powell that the state
of
Louisiana should have been discriminating against Road Home applicants
who
suffered wind damage to their homes is equally offensive. Under what
pretense does Mr. Powell expect state officials to declare to Louisiana
residents whose homes were destroyed or damaged by the high winds of
Hurricanes Katrina and Rita that they should be left to fend for
themselves while their neighbors who suffered flood damage
will be compensated?

No Walter (and I expected better of you, btw). Our flooding
was caused by the failure of the federal levees and floodwalls.

Our damaged roofs and such were covered by an incident covered
by homeowners insurance. Katrina's winds were not federally
financed. THAT (the wind part of the storm) can happen with
any hurricane or tropical
system.

JLY