[StBernard] FEMA reimbursements

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 3 21:46:17 EDT 2007

Laurie,

as far as the demolition and debris issue being slowed down because of the not using the corps has been a circulated theory for a long time. While there is a belief that this was more of an issue earlier on than now, the issue is really mute at this point as there has been millions of dollars paid but there are millions more to be collected. This is not affecting the process as much as the now limited number of homes and the amount of debris for pick up compared to before. Other parishes that have used the corps either partially or exclusively have had similar issues as well.

Keep in mind that this is different than the other projects that are funded by FEMA.

God Bless,
Craig