[StBernard] trash pick up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 5 17:44:32 EDT 2007

Hurricane season is here. I called the parish, as Craig suggested at
278-4217, to request that URG come to my street because they haven't passed
in months and there is a lot of recovery going on producing gutting debris
that can blow around and end up in our drains. The nice lady who answered
said she'd call it in to URG, but we can also call them directly at 277-6811
to report trash pickup.

Craig, I tried to bring some furniture boxes to the parish dump site in
Poydras on Sunday, but since the SDT dumpsters had not been emptied, they
couldn't take any more debris and shut down the site. This was after a lot
of trouble to load my truck and get it there. This must mean a lot of
residents are taking the time and making the effort to bring trash to the
sites, but SDT needs to keep up with the dumpsters. The workers told me on
Sat. that they had been calling SDT for emptying the dumpsters and that they
would have to shut down once the dumpsters were full. Thought you needed to
know that. ard