[StBernard] Expanding higher ed access for low income students

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 5 19:00:56 EDT 2007

Hey, Laurie. No I'm not getting my toes stepped on. I love GOOD CLEAN fun,
so no need to lighten up on some things that are controversial. I love
jokes.

Since everyone has their OWN degree of morality or upstanding decency, it's
not uncommon that many will agree to disagree. That's what makes an
imperfect world <chuckle>..

Since I don't believe I can be trusted at that level of understanding any
more than Adam & Eve, St. Peter the Apostle, etc (concerning temptation
levels), I stay clear of situations that place me in the realm of possible
mistrust, adultery and lustful situations that most Christians find
uncomfortable.

So, please don't believe that I'm a prude or joke hater. Also, if I saw some
woman on the street, let me say I simply believe she is "nice" and I'll
leave it at that. Anything else would either feed one's ego and be a blatant
outstanding lie about one's looks <chuckle>..

Other than that, I stand fast with my observation (or should I say my
non-observation)..

Regards, Jer.

Roxanne,

I, too, thought Jer overreacted to John's story. My husband is a fan of

Jeri Ryan also and thinks she is beautiful. I also can see, and she is
beautiful. My husband may be married but he is not dead. He can
appreciate
a good looking woman just as I can appreciate a good looking man. I
also
appreciate good looking women, children, babies, old men. It doesn't
mean I
lust for them or "want" them. I would enjoy meeting someone on TV and
if
Jeri Ryan was in town I would be more than happy if my husband had an
opportunity to meet her. I'm not afraid something would happen between
them
or any other woman for that matter. I trust him and know he is a
faithful
man. I also like to tease him with things like: "As if you'd have a
chance!" It is funny and we are playing with each other. Jer has a
point
that this would not be healthy for a marriage if it were serious. I
don't
think he understood the joke, but I did. Couples married many years
usually
have many thing between then that only they understand. Jer, it is all
in
good fun. Don't be so serious! I enjoy reading your opinions too, Jer,
so
don't think I'm picking. I'm always afraid I'm going to step on toes
around
here.

Laurie