[StBernard] enforcing debris pick up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 6 23:16:45 EDT 2007

Maybe I missed it, but there needs to be a publicity blitz in the paper and
news media that FEMA is strictly enforcing not picking up any construction
debris in St. Bernard and that they are not driving through the
neighborhoods routinely anymore, i.e. you have to call. It's hurricane
season, and now property owners have to take the extra step to call for pick
up of gutted debris, bring to the dump, or hire a trash service for new
construction debris.

Once this message is out, would we call the parish office of public works to
report massive new construction debris by contractors who are not taking it
away? I see some houses being repaired by developers that have had piles of
sheetrock out for months. Guess they didn't get the memo. ddk