[StBernard] Standing up for the little guy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 6 23:56:24 EDT 2007

Dear Friends,

Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in our campaign to change
Louisiana for the better. Thanks to your help, this morning we launched a
new television commercial across the state that will refocus the
conversation for Louisiana voters on the big challenges and the big choice
they face this October.

As you know, voters do indeed have a choice in this election. I offer
Louisiana a vision of taking on these big challenges by lowering homeowners
insurance, raising teacher pay while holding schools accountable for student
performance, and making health care more affordable for every Louisiana
family.

These are the values that you and I hold dear. They are Louisiana values.
And they are the values that I was raised with as a child growing up on food
stamps. Thanks to the way my parents raised me, I was instilled with a
strong work ethic as a young adult. I worked my way through college and with
less than $200, a box of tide and a garden hose I started my own business.
I'm now proud to have over 500 employees.

I'm also proud to have been married for 25 years to my dear wife Cindy.
Together, we have three children.

As Louisiana's next governor you can count on me to always be on your side.
For too long the rich and the powerful have gotten their way in this state.
It's time for a governor that stood up for the little guy.

You can view our new ad on our website at www.governorboasso.com
<http://www.governorboasso.org> , and if you want to keep it on the air,
please contribute online or mail a donation to PO Box 82560, Baton Rouge, LA
70884. I have committed significant personal funds to this campaign, but
cannot complete my mission without your financial support. A generous
donation of $100, $50 or $25, or whatever you can afford, will go a long way
in helping us get our message out and keep this ad running across the state.
Some of you may even be able to contribute the legal maximum of $5,000. Any
and all help is appreciated.

We are just over nineteen weeks away from Election Day. On October 20, we
are going to change Louisiana for the better.

Thanks for your time, commitment and continued support.
Sincerely,
Walter Boasso