[StBernard] Servants of Christ Food Distribution & Community Services

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 18 09:25:23 EDT 2007

Servants of Christ Food Distribution & Community Services
June 15, 2007

Dear Friends:

I am writing you on behalf of a 20 year old single mother of 2 young
children. I will call her Terry throughout this letter to keep
confidentiality. Terry is a client of Servants of Christ, and working toward
rebuilding her life. She escaped an abusive relationship, and asked for our
assistance. She has followed through on all life areas our agency has asked,
and has proved herself to be serious about making positive life choices.
Those of you who know our agencies 12 year track record, knows we are not a
supporter of "band-aid" social services.

With the co-operation of the St. Bernard Parish Battered Women's Shelter,
they were able to secure a $2,000.00 grant to be used for Terry's new
apartment. Courtesy Discount Furniture has donated washer, dryer and much
needed furniture. Terry still needs necessary household basics such as
kitchen & bath towels, kitchen supplies, food for refrigerator, freezer, and
pantry.

I invite you to support Terry by becoming a Guardian Angel to Terry, and her
two small children.

How You Can Help?

1. Send a financial gift payable "Servants of Christ", and write in
Memo (Terry)
2. Wal-Mart gift card in any amount.
3. Local grocery store gift card in any amount.
4. Computer new or used. (Terry is registering for Liberty College
Distance Learning Program fall classes tuition free.)

Mailing address: Servants of Christ 1519 E. Judge Perez Dr. Ste 6 Chalmette,
La. 70043 Visit Our Website <http://servantsofchrist.info>

Thank you for your valuable support to Terry and family!

Sincerely in Christ,

Kenneth Forsyth
Servants of Christ Food Distribution & Community Services

email: socfoodbank at netzero.com
phone: (504) 439-9941
web: http://servantsofchrist.info