[StBernard] BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 24, 2007
westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 25 20:21:18 EDT 2007
BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for Sunday, June 24, 2007;Today's progress on Governor Blanco's agenda to Strengthen Louisiana's Future
BATON ROUGE - The following bills in Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's legislative agenda advanced in the legislature today:
House Bill 765 - Supplemental Appropriations
* Sponsored by Representative John Alario
* This bill appropriates the FY 05-06 surplus and the FY 06-07 available revenue for one time purposes including economic development, education, healthcare, roads, ports and recovery initiatives.
* Approved by the Senate Finance Committee, heads to the Senate for further consideration.
Senate Bill 361 (formerly Senate Bill 189) -School Readiness Tax Credit
* Sponsored by Senator Ann Duplessis
* Creates School Readiness Tax Credits to serve as an incentive for increasing the number of quality child care centers serving our infants and children. The credits benefit providers, parents, child care professionals and companies that provide child care for their employees.
* Approved the House of Representatives, heads to the Senate for approval of amendments.
Click here for more on the legislative session. <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&navID=50&cpID=169&cfmID=0&catID=0>
The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
More information about the StBernard