[StBernard] Debris removal/Demolitions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 26 21:04:45 EDT 2007

Also, why can't the parish fine the owners of properties that are
rebuilding but throwing the debris in front of their home for pick-up,
rather than boxing it or bagging it? If it is a contractor doing it, then
the owner should demand that the contractor supply a bin for trash disposal?

A lot of times the trash is thrown on adjacent properties, which is unfair to those homeowners. And the contractors doing the repairs are usually the owners and many are out-of-town contractors . We have a house on our street that is owned by an investor from California. She hired someone from California to do the work. It is finished, the trash is on the property next door (which is unfair to the people that own that lot & are trying to keep it clean & cut) and the contractor and investor are back home in California, with her only worry being to sell the property. Now our neighborhood is constantly having trash blowing all over whenever it rains, not to mention it is clogging the 2 nearby drains. Seems as if someone could find out who owns these properties & get them to clean up their mess or be fined, just as we are fining homeowners who do not keep their grass cut. Whether it is construction debris or high grass, it still makes our neighborhoods look trashy. And to be fair, it is not all contractors who are irresponsible. But with everything, the bad stand out more than the good.

Syl