[StBernard] Governor Blanco's Week in Review: June 25-29

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 29 19:38:36 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review: June 25-29

NEWS
6.29.07
EDITORIAL: News Star praises Governor for raising teacher pay
Suddenly, it's raining raises on some of the nation's worst-paid teachers.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3045> :

6.28.07
Governor Blanco ends session with historic investments in Louisiana's future
BATON ROUGE - Speaking after final adjournment of the legislature, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco called the 2007 Legislative Session a win for Louisiana. Guided by her agenda to strengthen Louisiana's future, the legislature's historic actions include passing the largest increased investment in education in Louisiana history, bringing teachers to the Southern Regional Average, making the single largest cash investment in the State's Highway Program, and increasing Louisiana's ability to compete by creating the largest economic development fund in state history.
Read More:

6.28.07
Governor Blanco gets honored by the Board of Regents
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/Resolution%20-%20Blanco%202007Rev.pdf> :

6.27.07
Governor Blanco signs bills

House Bills:
HB117, HB141, HB159, HB188, HB197, HB264, HB336, HB361, HB388, HB407, HB481, HB527, HB559, HB567, HB578, HB612, HB670, HB686, HB693, HB720, HB750, HB759, HB770, HB953

Senate Bills:
SB5, SB8, SB12, SB49, SB50, SB74, SB102, SB 110, SB123, SB134, SB154, SB187, SB196, SB199, SB238, SB272, SB278, SB299, SB308, SB321, SB338, SB345, SB362

Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3036> :

6.26.07
Governor Blanco, Lt. Governor Landrieu celebrate signing of Act 30
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=3031> :

GOVERNOR'S COLUMN
Rising to the Challenge of our Reality
In all my dealings with the 110th Congress, it is clear to me the new leadership is committed to Gulf Coast Recovery. In only four short months, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and their teams delivered on my federal recovery agenda, providing critical relief to our communities struggling to recover from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Read More:
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=3026>

SESSION UPDATES BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 27
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3038>

BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 26
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3032>

BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 25
Read More
<http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=3030>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org