[StBernard] your data request

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 3 00:22:05 EDT 2007

Allison, thanks for your prompt reply. The issue we have now is that once the properties are sold to the corporation under LRA, the grass is not being cut and the neighboring property owners are frustrated over the condition of the LRA property. Property owners are looking for on-line access as to which properties are now sold to LRA and are therefore more neglected than they were before the sale to LRA. LRA will be hearing from the St. Bernard owners who will not tolerate this neglect while LRA figures out who is going to maintain the properties. Structures that were totally flooded and now have been neglected for two years should be torn down as being beyond repair, and the sooner the better. The Road Home Program never mentioned that coming home meant that two years after the storm you'd live among the festering remains of those who took the road out while the LRA figures out what to do. The LRA should have been ready to take each property in whatever state it is on closing date, and immediately secure and clean it up. Feel free to forward to anyone in LRA who cares. Sincerely, Deborah Keller, St. Bernard Planning Commissioner, Vice Chair.