[StBernard] Recovery

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 18 19:13:53 EDT 2007

Craig, I was in the parish today and had the feeling that recovery was just
an illusion also. I was so sad cause it looked so much more dirty than last

time I was there, which was about 2 weeks ago. I've been sick and haven't
been there for a couple of weeks. Then I realized it looked so bad because
more people were fixing up and working on their houses so more trash a
debris was outside on lawns and in piles everywhere. All the FEMA porches
and pipes from old FEMA trailers looks really bad piled up on Paris Road.
When is all this going to be moved away? Are things going to get better and

the pace stepped up on picking up trash? What about new construction
debris, which seems to be everywhere? Is there real recourse for the parish

to make people get rid of this mess in a faster and more efficient way? Any
way to enforce this so things don't look so messy and dirty?

Laurie