[StBernard] New Items Posted to LouisianaRebuilds.info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jul 18 20:39:36 EDT 2007

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

New In Neighborhoods

Neighborhoods Section Reorganized
Our newly reorganized Neighborhoods Section allows you to find your
neighborhood organization, view progress in your area, access your local
rebuilding plans, and find out what's open. Neighborhoods in areas other
than Orleans Parish will be added soon. If you know of a neighborhood
organization not listed please email us at comments at louisianarebuilds.info.

Visit our Neighborhoods Section here
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/neighborhoods> .

New In Public Safety

New NOPD Crime Maps
New NOPD Crime maps are now available on the New Orleans Community on One
Page portal. Type in an address to view crime incidents within a 1 mile
radius of the location in the last 30 days. Police report number, location,
description, and incident date are all available through this system.

Access the Maps in our Public Safety
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/publicsafety> Section.

Food Banks and Food Distribution

Food Bank Distribution in the New Orleans Area
The Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans sponsors a food banks in
New Orleans three times a week in the Upper Ninth Ward. The program is
available to low income residents that have a valid Louisiana state I.D. The
distribution center gives boxes of food once a month to eligible residents
according to size of the family. The free food packages include produce,
dried foods, and meats.

Distribution Center
MON, WED, FRI from 1PM TO 3PM
1423 Pauline Street (504) 599-9499
Bishops Henry and Ella O'Neill - program directors

Total Community Action (TCA) coordinates a quarterly food give-away
sponsored by Second Harvest. Residents must register with TCA and show a
valid Louisiana state I.D. and proof of income (employment, social security,
unemployment, etc.) capped at $3,000 per month. Packages of dry and canned
goods are distributed according to size of family. Call (504) 524-3484 and
ask for information about their commodities program.

Find information about food banks statewide in our Recovery Assistance
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/comresources> Section.

Upcoming Events

July 19: Grocery Giveaway for St. Bernard and Plaquemines residents
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2421>

July 21: Small Business Development Center Free Business Seminars
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1817>

July 31: Road Home Application Deadline
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2416>