[StBernard] Recovery

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 20 21:17:27 EDT 2007

Laurie,

you have been at this long enough to know if you let yourself react too much
in one direction or the other to a snapshot of what is happening it will
cause you to be bouncing all over the place in your perception. I encourage
you to look at larger segments of time.

With that said, the pace has slowed because the administration made a
decision with the contractor to decrease the numbet of crews on the streets
because of the decrease in storm debris verses construction debris and with
the crackdown by FEMA on picking up construction debris it was becoming more
difficult to keep crews.

You hit the nail on the head- the issue is enforcement such as refusing to
complete final inspections on houses that have let construction debris sit
on the property or be thrown across the street or on neutral grounds-
Unfortuantely these are sometimes unpopular decisions and no one wants to be
a "bad guy" right about now. It still has to be done though.

So the short answer to your question is yes, there continues to
opportunities for improvement.

God Bless,
Craig