[StBernard] Street Lights (for Craig)<br>

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 26 20:35:51 EDT 2007

Howard / Craig

We got a damaged light pole ALREADY from Murphy demo crews. WHEN they are
called in as a safety hazard, Entergy comes out the same day (as they did
yesterday). When we call them in as power outage (even though they havent
been working since katrina), it takes about a week. If one of you could
bring me up to date on how the neutral ground lights are different from the
street lights, I'd be glad to call these in as well. Ditto on anything else
you are working on. Dana, what is the address of your street lights; are
they on the neutral ground as well?

This weeks' light pole was damaged Monday on SOUTH Lena Drive at OHIO
because our industrial neighbor Murphy Oil has hired subcontractors WHOSE
TRUCKS ARE RECKLESS AND TOOOOOOOOOOO BIG to continuously make turns at OHIO.
These trucks are entirely TOO big to be on residential streets. They can
only make the turn from Judge Perez on one of the streets (Jacob or
Despaux), so they plan to use Ohio (although they are not going further west
than Lena) to access the other streets (Ventura, Lena).

What we really need is someone with authority in Our Parish Compliance to
TELL Murphy (and the other demo contractors) to use a subcontractor with
smaller trucks, or plan on the repairs to the CONCRETE Streets. These four
streets (Jacob, Despaux, Ventura, Lena) have wide concrete streets in very
good condition prior to last week. We expect them to be repaired to the
same condition. It will not be a surprise if sheetrock cracks from Murphy's
haphazard work either. Someone in authority with Our Parish Needs to stop
this unnecessary damage.

On the North Side, Murphy destroyed the streets and have left safety
hazards. They were accustomed to demolitions of several contiguous homes at
a time. The South Side has a larger population density of residents who
have been back since 2005. Murphy is choosing to schedule its demo work in
the order of date of sale to Murphy, instead of starting on one end and
working towards the other. So, these over tonnage, over sized trucks will
be causing far more damage than necessary.
Also, as the demo's are watered down, mud is clogging the storm drains.
This will need to be rectified as well; especially during Hurricanne Season.

There are other types of calls I'm constantly making in the south area due
to the large semitrailers delivering to businesses on Judge Perez and using
our residential streets instead of the loading areas and truck routes.
Usually calling in the truck USDOT number to the vendor's supervisor works
for a few weeks, but without backup from our parish, the problem is
reoccuring. We were promised NO TRUCK ROUTE SIGNS a year and a half ago.

A WIDE LOAD long trailer type turned north from St Bernard Hwy onto Corinne
Drive. It had delivered more of the crude oil pipeline pipe links for the
Tenneco - EXXON/Mobil crude oil pipeline being installed by Murphy's plant.
Its going to be interesting to call EXXON/Mobil (dba Chalmette Refinery
LLC). I hope they have a contact person as nice as my friends at Murphy ;)
Suzanne