[StBernard] Recovery<br> - for craig/wesley

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 26 20:58:40 EDT 2007

Pat and Jay,

I encourage you to go ahead and apply to the road home even if you had
insurance and even if you have relocated. My parents were in the same
position as you two and didn't know if they should even bother to apply, but

I did it for them on line and they ended up getting $71,000. They had
insurance and had relocated. There is no way to know if you are entitled to

anything except to apply and see what they say. Each person's circumstance
is different. Like the size and value of you old home vs. how much
insurance you collected, not including contents money. You may be
pleasantly suprised as my parents were. If you are retired with a pension
or on social security and your income is under a certain amount, you may be
eligible for a $50,000 loan also, but it doesn't have to be repaid so really

it is like grant money also. You can get these benefits even if you have
relocated. It will be your choice when road home sends you a letter and
tells you your options. One of the options will be to sell to them and
relocate. If you choose that option, you will go to an act of sale. One of
the options will be to fix your house and move back into it. You have
already relocated, but if you're entitled to any amount it will still be
given to you. It is easy to apply on line and it gets to them fast without
the time it takes to send the application in the mail. Many seniors I know
have come out very well with the road home because of that $50,000 loan that

does not need to be paid back. Most seniors are on a fixed income and my
dad thought his social secrurity would make his income too high since really

his social security retirement is pretty good, but he came in right under
the income road home allows, you may also.

Laurie