[StBernard] Quality Distribution, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Boasso America Corporation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 4 21:51:14 EDT 2007

Quality Distribution, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Boasso America
Corporation

August 02, 2007: 10:08 PM EST

TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Quality Distribution, Inc.
(the "Company") today announced that it has entered into an agreement to
acquire 100% of the outstanding stock of Boasso America Corporation
("Boasso") for approximately $60 million subject to purchase price
adjustments.

Boasso America, headquartered in Chalmette, LA, is a leading provider of ISO
tank container and depot services, with facilities located in Chalmette, LA,
Houston, TX, Charleston, SC, Chicago, IL, Detroit MI and Jacksonville, FL.
For its most recent fiscal year ended March 31, 2007, Boasso had revenues in
excess of $70 million. The Company expects the acquisition to be immediately
accretive to earnings.

Gary Enzor, President and CEO of Quality Distribution, stated: "We are
excited to announce this outstanding opportunity. Boasso is well-recognized
as a leading company in the tank container industry, and will continue to
operate as a stand alone division under the direction of President Scott
Giroir. We believe the combination of Boasso and Quality Distribution
creates an opportunity for significant growth and value creation for the
benefit of our customers, employees and shareholders."

Walter Boasso, Chairman and CEO of Boasso America, stated: "We are pleased
to have this opportunity to partner with Quality Distribution. We believe
this combination will enhance our ability to provide the best possible
service to our customers, give us the ability to more quickly expand our
geographic coverage and provide long term opportunities for our employees."

The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter. The Company
expects to discuss this acquisition in further detail during its upcoming
second quarter earnings conference call.

Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Quality Distribution, Inc. through its
subsidiary, Quality Carriers, Inc., and through its affiliates and owner-
operators, provides bulk transportation and related services. The Company
also provides tank cleaning services to the bulk transportation industry
through its QualaWash(R) facilities. Quality Distribution, Inc. is an
American Chemistry Council Responsible Care(R) Partner and is a core carrier
for many of the Fortune 500 companies that are engaged in chemical
production and processing.

This release contains certain forward-looking information that is subject to
the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995 and is subject to certain risks and uncertainties that
could cause actual results to differ materially from those expected or
projected in the forward-looking statements. Without limitation, these risks
and uncertainties include the Company's substantial leverage; economic
factors; downturns in customers' business cycles or in the national economy;
the cyclical nature of the transportation industry; claims exposure and
insurance costs; adverse weather conditions; dependence on affiliates and
owner-operators; changes in government regulation including transportation,
environmental and anti-terrorism laws; the Company's environmental
remediation costs; fluctuations in fuel pricing or availability; increases
in interest rates; changes in senior management; its ability to achieve
projected operating objectives and debt reduction in 2007; its ability to
successfully integrate acquired businesses or integrate affiliate businesses
converted to Company controlled operations; and the Company's ability to
attract and retain qualified drivers. Readers are urged to carefully review
and consider the various disclosures, including but not limited to risk
factors, contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10.K for the year
ended December 31, 2006 and its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, as well as
other periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Company disclaims any obligations to update any forward-looking
statement as a result of developments occurring after the date of this
release.

Contact: Timothy B. Page

Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

800-282-2031 ext. 7376