[StBernard] Bush promises to veto flood protection; your urgent action needed

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 6 21:05:20 EDT 2007

Does any one know why President Bush says he will veto this bill? Maybe it
is because it does not allocate enough funding to Louisiana? Maybe because
it has wasteful spending on other projects outside Louisiana and the
President wants a better itemized spending bill. Who knows for sure. I am
just not quick to think it's all bad just because the President wants to
veto it. Perhaps he has good reason for it. I would like to hear his
reasons before jumping to conclusions. Besides, I would be a little leary
of that levees group with Rosenthal. I know for a fact these folks are
based out of Lakeview and their specific goals and interests are not the
same as what we in St. Bernard are looking for. That's why very few people
from the parish have joined with them after finding out a little more.

DEB