[StBernard] Boasso "now embedded in the liberal left like a pinewoods tick on a hound"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Aug 8 22:26:46 EDT 2007

Next excerpts to address... "Yes Senator, Louisiana has real problems that
need to be solved, so let's address them. Keep your campaign to Louisiana
issues that affect Louisiana voters.

Tell us how you'll bring jobs and industry to Louisiana, not tell us how to
bring troops home. Tell us your plan for reducing the tax burden on
Louisiana families instead of supporting Blanco's tax vetoes. Tell us how
you'll raise the quality of education in this state, instead of raising the
pay of teachers that still produce students who rank at the bottom."

Ahh, I'm scratching my head at this high IQ comment as well. First off,
it's safe to say that Walter Boasso has single handedly created more jobs
and employed more people (over 500) than any other person to run for
governor in Louisiana history. Clearly, Mr. Kavanaugh knows nothing
whatsoever of Boasso's personal history and business success.

Also, as he did when running for the State Senate four years ago, Boasso has
spelled out exactly how he is going to go about not only attracting new
business & industry to the state, but how he will discourage present
businesses from leaving - very important.

Also, Boasso has never talked about "how to bring home the troops," all he's
eluded to was for D.C. to bring an end to war and start spending the money
in Louisiana.

Also, I don't think there's anyone out there, political candidate or
otherwise, who has spoken more on "specifically" how to improve the
education system in Louisiana than Boasso. He constantly gives details on
the bringing back the vo-tech system in Louisiana which will dramatically
increase the state's skilled labor force - which just happens to be the
SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR prospective companies want to know before
moving into a state.

Also, remove only Orleans parish student scores from the State's scores and
Louisiana jumps into the top 15 in the country....bet you didn't know that.
The other 63 parishes do a very good job, especially when you consider
Louisiana ranks among the lowest dollars spent per child in the public
school system of all 50 states.

And last, but not least....as much as I like Bobby Jindal, he hasn't
addressed one of these issues that Mr. Kavanaugh attachs Walter Boasso on.
And besides, how many jobs has Bobby Jindal or any of Boasso's opponents
personally created for people? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
And don't forget to ask teachers in Florida, Texas and California if they
would like their salary equal to that of Louisiana teachers - they'll
respond by asking you if you're nuts! And last time I looked those states
out-do Louisiana in education.

I'm not trying to play favorite here, but if you're goint to let rhetoric
pour out of your mouth, at least get your facts straight and tell the truth.
Don't try and "BS" people.

Of course, Mr. Kavanaugh's comments aren't intended for individuals like
myself who keep up with things and are informed by my own initative. He's
hoping to sway what he would call the "ignorant masses" - how insulting.

- John Scurich