[StBernard] Absent Councilmember

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 10 18:47:08 EDT 2007

Absolutely, Suzanne.

However, when lies kick in, the honesty stops. Doing the right thing and
being honest as an individual means being true to oneself, even though he or
she will be blasted for the results or attempt.

Yes, be honest, but facts and figures bear out the truth.

And, sometimes politicians will throw out courtesy, consideration and couth
in favor of self-progression and personal advancement at the expense of
reputation dismemberment. For example, if I called you a "creep" what
evidence would I have to present to anyone that bears out any fact that you
are one? <not intended for personal attack here, but to illustrate). I would
have to dig up your past, slander your name/reputation or
misrepresent/misquote the facts that you're going to church to steal from
the po' box. <G> or something that evil.

Therefore, yes. In a gentleman's race here, why can't the candidates be
gentlemen and get to the issues and ideas (not vague solutions, but real
ones) that would make the candidate strong and trusted in the eyes of the
voter? Should we mistrust every candidate? If so, why vote? At some point,
we have to believe and trust that the candidate would "do the right thing"
and help all of Louisiana, not just St. Bernard. If any candidate believes
only in one corner of LA, then why be the LOUISIANA governor? Perhaps Mr.
Boasso would have (and many people believe this) been more helpful and
successful in getting things done for St. Bernard as a state senator.

Again, one should be honest. Period.

However, I HONESTLY believe that it's almost dishonest to be a person in LA
and a politician. Some would say it's a Catch22 situation where no one wins
but the devil.

--jer--

""No one should have to be intimidated to do the right
thing or voice an honest opinion as an individual.""

AND no one should be subjected to intimidation when they attempt to do the
right thing or voice an honest opinion as an individual.

Suzanne