[StBernard] Debates

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 16 21:52:30 EDT 2007

Jer,
I hope you're doing well.
People in politics with a large lead aren't interested in debating. Besides I believe it's a true debate when there are only two involved. Does anybody believe Blanco trumped Jindal in their debates? But that didn't help Jindal. So winning a debate will not guarantee you will be elected or even gain votes. In a recent forum WB brought one of his childish cutouts. He should have debated the cardboard and he might have won (might have).
It seems that the WB is waging a campaign based on size and intimidation. He's bigger than grammar school kids and they're impressed. A fish can pull cardboard Bobby into the water but not the WB.
He's also saying what politicians usually say that he'll give the teachers a raise and hold them accountable. The accounability never happens or the children would be doing better.
My son and daughter graduated from Chalmette High where there were the best teachers anywhere. I thank God for Principal Wayne Warner and Doris Voitier who taught my son at one time. Mr. Charles Raviotta had a great impression on my son. I said this to point out that these people worried more about teaching the children than getting more money even though they deserve it more than anyone.
And John it's not just Orleans Parish bringing the state down in education, there are several schools in Cenla that are listed as unacceptable.
Thanks,
David Jochum