[StBernard] [StBernard Murphy Information

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 17 21:51:18 EDT 2007

Cathy

I do not know where to locate that specific document, however, there is a
release form available from the DEQ.

""The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality, along with the
Environmental Protection Agency, has released on-line information on the
current environmental status of approximately 6,500 property addresses
potentially impacted by the Murphy Oil spill in the Meraux and Chalmette
areas following Hurricane Katrina.""

You can look up your address on the LDEQ website at
http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/ and check the status of the closure
plan final inspection. Properties that were above RECAP levels and are now
remediated should be classified as ""Category 2: Affected by the oil spill;
released for unrestricted future use for its intended purpose. "" A release
form for that address can be printed.

The purpose of these releases is to give assurances that our residential
properties can be safely used.

Suzanne