[StBernard] we need to know anything about. Jindal Info & Boasso news...pass it on...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 20 16:34:36 EDT 2007

Thanks for writing, Judie. I voted for Mr. Jindal when he ran vs. Mrs.
Blanco.

I'm leaning there but will make my ultimate decision on election day when I
pull the lever.

Mr. Jindal does have more name recognition. I believe that in most cases
"attack dogs" don't fare well in elections and is seen as "desperate or
instigator". Whatever my decision or anyone elses, I will predict therefore
that Mr. Jindal is too strong in the polls to lose this election, so I
believe he will be the next governor (debate or no debate). He could however
setup for one or two in September/October.

If you've made up your mind for Mr. Boasso. Fine. He's done some hard work
for da parish, but he'll fall short during the election because if there's
democrats left in the race, it will dilute the voting strength. I was
wondering about Mr. Boasso diluting Mr. Jindal's vote months back, but don't
feel the same about the race as a he's cross-over.

Being in a parade, doesn't guarantee one a top-spot on the voting minds. It
would have been kind to devote 60 million to the grieving people of St.
Bernard, but it will never happen. Money is power and power is money.
Keeping one's nose clean is more powerful than earning millions in my
opinion. (Oh, I don't harbor bad vibes toward the rich. I only believe that
it's always nice to be closer to Mother Teresa's mentality than Mr.
Rockefeller. That is what impresses me. Helping the poor without looking for
monetary rewards.

Every politician loves his/her ego stroked. Some feel that doing good things
in a press-op will show the public how grand one is in being a humanitarian.
I believe that being a humanitarian doesn't need the press or any money
gained in kind for doing a job that should be done anyhow. Also, as a 1st
generation Sicilian, I don't look at my nationality as such to support a
similar person. I look at the total man or woman.

To be honest, there really isn't a whole lot of "grand" candidates this
election. But, on election day, I hope to use my heart to compare anyone who
is transparent to one I feel is genuine by my intuition.

Lastly, there are so many unsung heroes who have given time and gone beyond
self due to Katrina's wrath. My consideration for governor will be to one I
feel has the best chance, do the best job for all Louisiana and has the
chance to become the best Louisiana governor in its history.

" You are wonderful...."

**Thanks. And, the same to you. So is everyone from St. Bernard regardless
of whether they were in floodwater or simply an innocent victim of Katrina.
Each deserves the title of Mr and Ms. Wonderful. Great people don't need
explaining why they are the chosen, loving people who only need any good
break after this miserable storm.

--jer--

Jer

You are wonderful....you have helped me decide which way to vote..I will
follow my heart and then hope to see Jindal in a DEBATE..so I can see what
he truely stands for..

So far all I see is Boasso telling everyone what he stands for, and the same
old silent cardboard cutout of Jindal is the same I see of him
everywhere...or should I say nowhere..he never seems to show up where he is
supposed to show up ....and when he (Jindal) speaks, he speaks in
circles...his commercials are easily forgotten, where as the commercials for
Boasso get people talking.

He (Boasso) sure has done well for himself along with doing wonderful things
for St. Bernard..If you are from St. Bernard you would know first hand all
of the Wonderful things he has done for St. Bernard.
For the schools;
the elderly;
the community, etc.
Sponsor of annual golf tournament for St. Bernard Kiwanis club for years,
all proceeds to Kiwanis for projects to community, founder of the St.
Bernard Irish Italian Islenos parade (of which they now have over 2,000
riders). Great community spirit for St. Bernard parade for families to
enjoy.
Along with many other ventures in the schools and community that benefitted
all the children of St.Bernard.
(Remember our children are our future)

Our state could be one of the luckiest around to have someone like Walter to
take over and change our state.

HE BOASSO was also among the "first responders" to help rescue the people in
St.Bernard parish, pulling people from the rooftops, pulling people from the
Chalmette Hospital, sending oxygen tanks to Chalmette High to take care of
the people needing this to sustain life, sending water, clothing and
essentials to the fire and police department in Chalmette to keep them
going..many things he did went unnoticed by many.
DID YOU KNOW THIS???? I bet you didn't....

Jer, thanks for all that you know, but evidently you do not know enough....I
beg you to go and check out some more facts on Jindal, because with
rebuilding my life, home and business I dont have all the time on my hands
that you seem to have...please give me more detail facts of JINDAL so I can
make up my mind on who to vote for? a silent quiet shy man, or someone
that will be vocal, and stand up for his state and make a difference.

THANKS
judie