[StBernard] Introducing Voices From the Gulf: will you add your story?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 24 20:21:14 EDT 2007

Your voice is central to the Katrina conversation.

Stockman Family Video
<http://www.colorofchange.org/vfg/survivors.html?id=1803-136810>

Add your story to Voices from the Gulf.

Click Here <http://www.colorofchange.org/vfg/survivors.html?id=1803-136810>

Dear Westley,

In the coverage of Katrina, rarely do we get the chance to hear directly
from survivors like you, talking in your own words about where you are today
and how you are moving forward to rebuild your life. To change that, we've
been working on a platform that will help survivors' stories be heard,
giving other folks across the country a glimpse into your stories and your
lives.

It's called VoicesFromTheGulf.com. You can check it out and participate
here:

http://www.colorofchange.org/vfg/?id=1803-136810

VoicesFromTheGulf.com launches today with ten stories from ten different
individuals and families, each with a unique perspective and experience. But
that's just the start. In the coming weeks and months, we hope to add
hundreds more stories, as survivors who want to share their stories are
connected to volunteers who have a video camera and an Internet connection.
The site makes it easy. You fill out a simple form and (unless you or
someone you know has a camera) you're put in contact with a videographer
near you. You then shoot your video, and then you or the videographer upload
it to the VoicesFromTheGulf.com website.

The failures during Hurricane Katrina were a failure of America as a
community. But the stories of people reaching out, connecting, and helping
one another during and immediately after the storm showed Americans at our
best. We don't want America to fail the Gulf Coast again. And we know that
to help, we have to stay connected and we have to pay attention.
VoicesFromTheGulf.com is about making this connection happen. We hope you'll
join us in telling your story.

http://www.colorofchange.org/vfg/?id=1803-136810

Thank You and Peace,

-- James, Van, Gabriel, Clarissa, Mervyn, and the rest of the
ColorOfChange.org team
August 24th, 2007