[StBernard] Krunch Time For Katrina Claims Against Insurers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 28 21:50:13 EDT 2007

Westley,

I think homeowners insurance does count with the LRA. LRA told me they
deducted wind and flood insurance from anything I might get, I didn't get
anything from them. They do ask for this information on the application,
also. I am appealing of course because of the low value LRA gave to my
home. At my parents closing, LRA made them sign several contracts, one of
them saying that they agree to repay LRA any insurance money they may
recieve in the furture from any insurance on their house. They did not say
only wind and not flood.

Laurie