[StBernard] Clerk of Court follow up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 28 22:14:51 EDT 2007

Jer.....you know exactly who is running the show as does anyone that has
dealings with the Clerk's office on a continuous basis.

You say "archaic" - I say "antiquated" - either way..OLD AND OUTDATED!
She did have her records electronically stored JUST prior to the storm. St.
Bernard residents should be thanking the good Lord for that. But, I don't
think it was by her choice. I think the parish counsel had a lot of
persuading with that.

Well, now is the time for change. St. Bernard has the chance to make a
fresh start and "clean house." We need professional leadership in the
Clerk's office along with some new innovative ideas..starting with a
website, new computers in that office, and public access to documents via
the internet..there is a HUGE surplus for the Clerk's office right now.
That money needs to be put to good use.

Everyone needs to do their part in moving St. Bernard forward. The first
step is voting. If you don't vote, you lose your right to complain. The
election is October 20th and St. Bernard residents need to get out and vote.

Wendy

> **I'll have to agree on "unprofessionalism", tacky and discourteousness

> having experienced this myself.

> May I add archaic to the list of improvements to be made. As far back as

> mid-90's myself and Mr. Chapman sat to discussions about improving

> technology in the office. This included a website of information, etc.

> However, it never came to be. To the fairness of her office, the Clerk of

> Court's office finally came around to having records digitized (but at the

> lateness of the game) and protection of the records needed addressing.

> I too have experienced Lena Jr (btw, who is running the show? Lena Sr. or

> Jr?) doing a good job at bossing employees before guests present. I'm not

> sure if reprimanding is better done in the Clerk's office to show tact.

Not

> bashing but expressing experiences and opinions.

> Dynasty. It fosters wealth and fortune and who knows what. Perhaps an

> infusion of new blood would be good for da parish. Especially technology

> wise. I'm highly against complacency in a world where you live or die by

> keeping abreast of technology in a technology-tuned world. Other

westernized

> nations are gaining and surpassing our country in this manner. All America

> has been doing by complacency and ineptness to technology is outsourcing

and

> getting other country's corporation to buy into the American dream. May

God