[StBernard] Krunch Time For Katrina Claims Against Insurers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 31 22:34:07 EDT 2007

Westley,

I just went through the closing on my LRA grant. The documents state that
if you get any money from your insurance subsequent to the closing of the
grant, then you must return that money to the LRA. This only covers monies
received against the structure.

Here's how the document reads:

" If you receive additional payments from your insurance company or from
FEMA, the SBA or from any federal agency for storm-related damages after
receiving your Road Home Award, you must return any that are considered
duplication of benefits (up to the amount of your Road Home Award) to the
State of Louisiana's office of community development. Payments that are
considered a duplication of benefits are those that are paid to cover
structural damage. Structure is defined as the premary dwelling and does
not include any proceeds received for detached structures (e.g. detached
garages, sheds, fences, etc.)."

Howard