[StBernard] Jindal says Craig should resign but not Vitter?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 3 19:55:03 EDT 2007

jerry your first statement was this:

By all considerations everyone should resign embarrassing the public
trust
in office.
to which I replied: "So then Jer, Mr. Vitter should have resigned also
right? --Jim"

>**Wll, would you have resigned, Mr. Jim?

Jerry it's not about me. I'm not in an elected position.

>that your income and lifestyle would suffer?

Uh Jerry, we don't elect (or I don't) officials to provide them with an
income or lifestyle. A number of years ago (before he had to leave)
Livingston was in the well of the House practically frothing at the mouth
about how he couldn't live on his Congressional salary without a raise. I
thought at the time "No one is forcing you to stay there. You're a lawyer;
go chase ambulances. However, as we know, ole Bob found a more lucrative
career as a lobbyist on the Hill (just as Breaux did).

Saith Jer: What seems apparent these days is this. Senators and those in
offices find a
lull in their work life and I believe the boredom is alleviated by some sort
of activity which awakens their taxed minds. Scandals are an excitement to
their day/week/month/year and find it titillating to some extent. Finding
exciting in this game sparks their interest in the elected position and
therefore look forward to scandalous affairs or criminal activity. It will
never cease as long as the human brain looks to avenge their party's
political miscues.

To quote the Geico caveman...WHAT? I have no idea what that even means.

>Finding exciting in this game... HUH?

>What would you have done as yourself...

As I said Jerry, it's not about ME. I'm not the elected official, nor did I
stand up or put myself up as the "family values" man. Vitter, Craig,
Livingston did. And yes it's damned funny when they are caught with their
pants down (or their diapers on).

Jim