[StBernard] FEMA moving expenses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 4 23:28:12 EDT 2007

Before you get your hopes up for being reimbursed for moving and storage
expenses, there is a 50 mile rule. Although my parents qualified in every
way for the moving costs from Harahan to Chalmette, including two months of
storage at Chalmette, since the house wasn't ready on time, the last
question threw it out.

So if the place where you relocated to is within 50 miles of your damaged
house you are returning to, they pay zippo, nada, zero.
Seems like an arbitrary distance to me. Chalk it up as another Stafford
Act/FEMA rule. ddk