[StBernard] LouisianaRebuilds.info Weekly Alert

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 5 23:25:45 EDT 2007

Lousiana Rebuilds <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/>

New In Utilities

Re-application Timeline for Utility Assistance Extended

The timeline for re-applying for the state-funded utility assistance program
has been shortened from 12 months to 6 months. This grant program assists
low-income households with utility bills. New Orleans-area residents can
apply through Total Community Action by calling 504-309-6707/6708. To find
out where to apply in other parishes, as well as further eligibility
requirements and information, go to our Utilities section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/utilities#assistance> .

New in Homeowners

Road Home Information Sessions

A series of free information sessions throughout September will let
homeowners ask questions about eligibility for the Road Home homeowner
program, the status of their applications, required documentation and more.
Rental property owners who applied under that program are also encouraged to
attend. Find out more in our Homeowners section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/homeowners#financial> .

New in Public Safety

NOPD Press Releases

Access a link to press releases from the NOPD covering investigations,
alerts, and other security issues in our Public Safety section
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/publicsafety#crime> .

Upcoming Events

September 5: Citizens Road Home Action Team
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/1997>

September 8: Common Ground Health Clinic Neighborhood Block Party
<http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2591>

September 13&15: Jazz& Heritage Foundation's Heritage School of Music
Auditions <http://www.louisianarebuilds.info/node/2590>