[StBernard] lawyer joke

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 7 18:55:37 EDT 2007

Good one! Okay then, I'll give you my favorite lawyer joke:

A doctor tells a male patient he has only a few months to live. The patient
returned to his doctor a few days later with a small, brown leather bag. He
explained to his doctor that in the bag was $250,000 in cash and asked if he
would place it inside his casket at his wake when the day came.

A few months later the man passed away and the day of the wake came. As the
doctor approached the casket he noticed two other gentleman also approaching
holding the same kind of bag. One by one they each took a turn placing
their bag in the man's casket.

Naturally, they were curious as to who the other was, so they made their way
to the rear of the funeral parlor for introductions. One of the other two
men was the deceased man's minister and the other his lawyer.

The lawyer spoke up, "tell the truth, did any of you take any money out of
the bag? The minister fessed up first, "yes, I have to admit I took out
about $60,000 to help feed the homeless in my church's neighborhood. It
seemed like a waste to just bury it all when it could do some good for
others."

The doctor then admitted, "yes, I as well used about $100,000 to help finish
building a community health clinic in a very poor neighborhood. I, too,
thought it a shame to bury it."

Upon hearing this the lawyer looked at both of them in shock. He told the
other gentleman, "I can't believe what I'm hearing...a dying man who trusted
both of you came to you with his final request and neither of you could
honor his dying wish."

The doctor and minister looked at the lawyer and said "and YOU did honor his
wish?" The lawyer responded, "I'll have you both know, inside that casket,
inside that brown bag, is a check for full amount."

Apologies to any barristers,
John Scurich