[StBernard] Jindal for Presidency?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 10 21:21:48 EDT 2007

Jer:
I actually support the stepping stone movement --- you may have
misunderstood my message...I look at this as a positive move for Bobby and
will vote that way.
I do thank you for the personalized response.
Cindy Meyers

Well, Cindy. I understand your concern about a candidate escalating
higher positions in Federal Government from State or Local offices.
However,
there is little chance of one getting to the U.S. Presidency without
proper position to stair-step.

On most cases, name and face recognition comes from high offices
such as
senator, governor, U.S. House, etc.

Having his state status would embolden his chances to U.S.
Presidency.

(That is unless you're a firm supporter of Hillery/Obama or unknown
trying
to take the position. I'd be proud to see a LA governor take the
highest
position in the land. (Imagine the prestige and opportunity we'd
get??)
Governors come dime a dozen but a LA-based president has never
happened
(short of a very close chance by Huey Long (who many believe was
killed
because he posed a sure threat to take the office of presidency in
the
1930's depression era).

Again, if any liberals out there do not wish a Jindal Governorship
in the
first place, then it's a moot point. . I just can't see some of our
campaigners ever believing they can do as such -- much less making
it a
reality.

-=-jer-=-