[StBernard] [LANDRIEU] Landrieu Calls for Reconciliation Following Jena 6 Dismissal

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 17 22:12:30 EDT 2007

Here's what will eventually happen and if it happens in St. Bernard, I'd
have a similar opinion:

1. Jesse Jackson/Da Rev. Al Sharp and company will keep pushing da issue
until no charges are placed against "gang-bangers" who beat people to death.

2. New laws will be enacted to "boycott and eliminate da noose".

3. Everyone will go free who assaulted in a 6 against one mentality.

4. Michael Bell and company will sue school, parents and will garnish
millions (this is how you become rich!).

5. Comment: in the Baton Rouge area, the surname BELL is synonymous for
police reports, mass murdering, crime, etc. Is it hereditary?

6. Stay tuned for when it happens in your own community and no one speaks
out against injustices vs. non-minorities.

--jer--

Sen. Landrieu Calls for Reconciliation Following Dismissal of Jena 6
Conviction Requests Justice Dept. Review of Cases

WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Mary L. Landrieu, D-La., today
called for reconciliation and clarity in the case of six African-American
high school students accused of assaulting a white classmate following
months of racially motivated incidents at their Jena, Louisiana, high
school. The June conviction of one of the students, 17-year-old Mychal
Bell, on a reduced charge of aggravated assault was earlier this afternoon
overturned by the Louisiana Court of Appeals.

"There remains unsettled allegations of unfair treatment of
those indicted," Sen. Landrieu wrote in a letter today to the U.S.
Department of Justice. "These allegations have divided the community and
caused concern throughout Louisiana and the country.

"I believe that the charges and counter-charges have left
everyone unsure and uneasy. In order to attain real reconciliation in Jena,
we need to bring clarity to the facts of these allegations and to the
handling of all events leading up to the assault. I believe it is
appropriate for the Department of Justice to conduct a thorough review of
these cases and establish a comprehensive public record of the facts. It is
vital for the people of Jena, my state and our nation to have full
confidence that justice has been served in this matter."

- 30 -