[StBernard] For the Parish President

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 17 23:17:33 EDT 2007

JR,

I agree with you on everything you have said and then some. The list could
go on and on. What happened to the rules on needing windows and doors and
all property needing to be secured. It's like those rules don't exist and
are not being enforced. Tires are still all around even though we are
supposed to have a contractor now to pick them up. The Faust family junk
yard on paris road is filling up with junk cars and other trash again (I
thought they were cleaning it up, but now it's as junky and messy as ever, a

terrible eyesore). The streets are horrible, especially Jean Lafitte in
Buc. south. I have banged the bottom of my car so many times, and I'm going

slow. I'm suprised I haven't caused bad damage to it yet. The streets are
filthy. I know I will probably get some responses that if I don't like it I

should run for office and do something about it. Well, I don't want to be
the leader. I want our leaders to lead. They wanted the job and they got it

so now lead and be responsible for the job you have and what you have been
getting paid to do. And yeah, I know the pay is not great and you don't do
it for the money. What about the shopping centers accross Paris road from
Winn Dixie? That looks horrible. What about their windows and doors? That
falling down fence is not cutting it. What about the governement complex
building. I know, the parish doesn't have the money, but neither do the
people and the rules apply to us and we had to find a way to do it, and so
should you. I'm tired of the excuses after 2 years, it's enough already! I
know I will probably catch a lot of hell for this, but I don't care.

Laurie