[StBernard] Judge rules St. Bernard sheriff candidate cannotseek election

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 19 19:41:31 EDT 2007

JDR,

Well that's the end of that. Mr. Bernadas would have been a great choice.

It would've been just like it was. The FBI handling the parish's affairs.
Something that has been in effect for the last 20 years, while the GOOD guys

went about business as usual. If you are one of those who doesn't believe
that there are crooks within ANY police/sheriff department my hat is off to
you. Instead of name-calling and naysaying you should be policing the
general area around. You just might be surprised. But of course back when
we kicked in doors and just (planted) the evidence when and where it was
needed, we didn't have to worry about all those civil rights that you had to

go and stir up in the courts. Of course I am being fascicious, but it
shouldn't have been attacked so blindly. I was simply stating the facts as
they were discovered at the time. I know that people can and do change. I
can recall a time when if you were buddies with certain cops, low/high
ranking it didn't matter, then the world was at your fingertips. I spent 23

years in law enforcement making it my sworn duty to take these people down.
And if I hadn't feared for my familie's lives I could've taken down more of
those IDIOTS than I did. But of course it was probably idiotic and moronic
of me to think that I could make a difference. I just wanted a safe and
lawful place to spent my years and raise my family. Peace be with you all.
Ben