[StBernard] Bought-out lots in La. face uncertain future

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 17:31:28 EDT 2007

Well, we finally found something on a commonality. LRA $uck$

Louisiana under this debacle will take many, many years to recover in
itself. At this rate, this state will be dead last of the 50 in everything
and anything but Aids and Syphilis cases <G>.

Seriously folks. If we cannot get money to do what's needed soon, our only
hope outside the tank would be education. Please ask your neighbors,
friends, family, etc. to get educated as with this, (as everyone needs to
meet this criteria) and then, we can rise beyond our LA borders. We can no
longer depend upon our "broke" state to keep our incomes high/competitive
enough to feed our families, etc. as healthcare, higher costs of
insurance/rental/home ownership has surpassed our ability to earn a living,
yet still save for a rainy day (no pun intended towards Katrina).

I am deeply worried about our next generation coming up.

Poet Alexander Pope once quoted, "hope springs eternal . . ".

I hope so. --jer--

Wendy,

Who the hell knows? I am so disgusted with the entire LRA bureaucracy that
I want to vomit.

Were they to try to do something as you describe I'm sure they'd have to
have a new department/section or whatever with a new assistant director or
whatever plus staff to run it. I have never in my life (and I worked for
the Feds) seen such an incompetent bunch in my life, from the LRA, to the
Office of Community Development to the contractor they hired to run the Road
Home program.

I wonder if the Governor, LRA folks and OCD have any idea what they have
done to destroy the southern part of the state?

Jim