[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 17:36:46 EDT 2007

Right you are, Deb. It's always strange to understand how the "long-term
memory" of people as they age have more cob-webs than an unused 100 year old
barn!

If a memory refresher is truly needed,

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0903/is_n3_v15/ai_19240780

or perhaps google: Clinton Cuts Medicare

for tons of info which explains his action. Ah, the "scapegoat".

"Give a politican an inch and he'll/she'll take a mile, it seems." --jer,
09/20/07

Shame on you, Mr. Boasso! ... "Shame on you!". (geeez, see how that sounds
when da shoe is on the other foot?) <Only Kiddin'>..

--jer--

I might be one of the few who have a good memory to recall it was President
Bill "I feel your pain" Clinton who made drastic cuts to the
Medicare/Medicaid system. Louisiana's funding for the program comes
strictly from Washington, DC. Medicaid is a "federal" program that is
administered on the state level.

When Washington DC and Clinton cut funding nationally, it seriously cut the
funds Louisiana got. As a result, I can remember Governor Foster on tv
announcing the State would be forced to tighten the criteria to qualify for
state Medicaid assistance. He said back then that good, deserving people
would get cut from the program because of the severe funding cuts from
Washington DC.

It sounds to me that Jindal only carried out the orders given to him by his
boss Governor Foster and made sure only the most needy would be gauranteed
of Medicaid assistance so the money would not run out. Otherwise the system
would have gone bankrupt on each patient's needs and everyone on Medicaid
would have been hurt by it. Maybe that's what many newspapers meant when
they said Jindal's actions (or Foster's) actually saved the state's Medicaid
system. I'm sure there were a lot more people than Mr. McNiece who were
denied Medicaid assistance, but it wasn't Governor Foster or Jindal who cut
the funding.

Remember, it was President Clinton, a democrat, who made the severe funding
cuts to Louisiana's Medicaid system, not Governor Foster or Bobby Jindal.
Those are the facts. Surely, the Boasso campaign has to know this.

DEB