[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 21 21:40:04 EDT 2007

Deb: I am going to vote for Boasso. Why? My reasons are
selfish - I'm from St. Bernard so I have to believe we in St. Bernard will
benefit more from having him over Jindal. This doesn't necessary mean I
think Jindal isn't the better choice. I think he or Boasso will make a good
governor. --DEB

Jer Responds: Good for you, Deb, that you allowed your heart decide whom
your choice for governor should be in the governor's election.

Now, that said, Examine the conscience through logic. How in the world can
Mr. Boasso dictate the money specifically for St. Bernard, when the current
liberal has had a helluva time getting ANY monies in for the Katrina
recovery purpose. Remember, that the funds will come from Federal government
for that purpose. Whomever gets into the governor's mansion has to be able
to fight for our money without being clumsy or clownlike. ;) (pun may or may
not be intended).

We need a proven professional who is articulate and not spit when he hollows
at all the federal senators/reps. He's gotten an image that could hurt our
chances for recovery money and not be helpful.

The state already knows we need help. And, the help must be towards all of
LA (and that's not a selfish approach, but a fair and balanced reality
whether we hate New Orleans or western LA or not). The way Mr. Boasso has
conducted his approach to governorship in ads and speeches will backfire and
display him in a negative light (as a good old boy, part of a corrupt few,
and perhaps stigmatize. In the process, the wrong governor will be
ineffective/stalemated with a wrong plan, a wrong approach, a wrong
attitude.

We need a strong, effective governor that will help us, help them, help
everybody. One with integrity, experience, who can network effectively. One
who can bring everyone to the table to eat. Give everyone in our state a
hand up and a pat on the back so that we can get on with our lives.

That's what we need.

--jer--