[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame? but please allow himacallfor a ride home???

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 22 21:43:16 EDT 2007

Westley,

Since you mentioned the St. Rita incident, let me say I feel the same way
about that in regards to the family members of patients there. I understand
how if you call and they tell you "don't' worry, we have everything under
control and we'll evacuate your mother if the hurricance comes" that might
make you feel complacent about evacuating your mother yourself. But, even
then I would not ultimately depend on the nursing home to take the
appropriate action, because after all that's "my mother" and I would feel I
am most responsible for getting her out. I realize some people might not
have the medical necessities to evacuate their loved one, but if Katrina
taught us anything it's don't depend on the nursing home to save your loved
one. You have to have your own back up plan.

John