[StBernard] Governor Blanco issues statement regarding harassment of families in Jena

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 22 22:13:45 EDT 2007

Governor Blanco issues statement regarding harassment of families in Jena

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued the following statement today in response to national reports of hate groups publishing private contact information for family members of the Jena Six on the Internet:

"Harassing families involved in the legal issues in Jena can not and will not be tolerated. Public attacks on private citizens done out of ignorance and hatred is appalling, and anyone who stoops to such unspeakable persecution will be investigated and subject to the full penalty of law. I have asked law enforcement agencies to investigate this matter, and as Governor I will do everything in my power to put a stop to these cowardly threats to Louisiana citizens."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org