[StBernard] Does Bobby Have Any Shame? but please allow himacallfor a rid...

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 22 22:19:28 EDT 2007

I also thought a hospital or medical institution is supposed to
notify
"someone" if they are releasing a patient who needs care. I'm not
sure.

Well, a nursing home is not a hospital and tries to shed the reputation of
institution.
In fact, with HIPAA privacy laws, the facility is only allowed to talk to
those who were 'allowed' per the resident, or if the resident is
incapacitated, the assigned responsible party, which should be notified of a
discharge. I am not familiar with the case in question, but a phone call to
notify that a person is no longer a resident, does not necessarily violate
the privacy issue, as presence and room number are allowed to be given out.

Gaby
To live only for some future goal is shallow.
It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.

-Robert M. Pirsig