[StBernard] Bobby Jindal and the "Freedom" of Assembly

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 24 19:01:36 EDT 2007

You'll find many instances of discreditation all over the web, blogs, etc.
by multiple asinine(s) who seek attention and wish to discredit an
individual. It not only doesn't hold water, it leaks liberal grease-spots
all over the area it displaces.

It's a common example of don't believe anything you read in the news, the
net or uninitiated by the rumor mill <chuckle>. I could also make up a
"whopper" if I wanted to spread lies and deceit, common by goofballs that
don't have a real purpose in life!!!

Here's an example of trash-piling (again, this is simply a fantasy and
fabrication below):

A candidate was seen this past Tuesday coming out of a brothel often visited
by the elite which consisted of prominent liberal senators (state and
federal), councilmen, congressmen and other hippies who have denied the
visitations categorically.

Channel X news reporter "xxxxxx" says that its investigative team videotaped
Mr BXXXXX, Mr BlaBlah and U.S. Senator "Blicker" (D) continuing his trist in
his Ford Bronco.

Each official when confronted with the proof playbacks could only state that
the videos were doctored to fit their heads on the shoulders of Republican
bodies. Film at 11.

Another fantasy:

My Brother Maderharmper was visiting the town of St. Bernard during a forum
of LA gubernatorial candidates this past Tuesday night. My brother is an
award winning college senior yearbook editor and photographer. It's no
secret that he's a very conservative, pleasant guy who is amicable and loved
by all. During this political forum, one of the candidates signaled to one
of his cohorts to come around to the side of the platform and escort the
photographer (My brother, Maderharmper and "waste his film" because he was
photographing all the liberals on the panel and ignoring him.

I couldn't believe it when I was told Maderharmper lost two of his front
teeth and his $25,000 camera. How could candidate, Mr. BXXXXX have done such
a thing? My brother did nothing of consequence and wasn't wearing any
"political statement T-shirt" or anything identifying him as a
conservative?? I only wish God could intervene and give this pitiful
politician what he's due!

--There. And the point? A yarn is a yarn is a yarn, no matter who it hurts,
how the trash is distributed and without conscience.

The moral of this yarn? Give someone a shoe and he'll find an orifice to
place it. <smile>..

=--jer--=

Bobby Jindal and the "Freedom" of Assembly
Posted on September 23, 2007 by Lamar White, Jr
LAST WEEK, MY COUSIN (and a good friend of mine) claims he was escorted out
of a Bobby Jindal event by uniformed police officers. My cousin is a student
at LSU and a well-known Democrat on campus, but he was not escorted out of
the event for asking any questions or calling any attention to himself in
order to distract Representative Jindal or his supporters. My cousin was
well-dressed and had been invited to the event by a female friend who simply
wanted to hear Jindal speak. One of Jindal's campaign workers, a fellow LSU
student, had identified my cousin in the crowd and apparently informed the
Jindal campaign and police security, who then escorted him out of the
building. My cousin is not a radical. He often reminds me that he considers
himself to be more "centrist" than he considers me to be, and having known
him for my entire life, I have no doubt whatsoever that he would never
grandstand or disrespect a rally for any political candidate. Anyone who
knows him knows that he is not capable of such a thing. He's a dynamic and
intelligent guy, and he has always been respectful of people regardless of
their personal political beliefs. His only crime, it seems, was being an
interested, engaged, and well-known LSU Democrat, a tall guy who is easily
recognizable.

As a young college student who is deeply interested in the upcoming election
and the political process, he attended the event to hear Bobby Jindal, an
elected representative of Louisiana, speak about his views on the
gubernatorial race. But instead, Jindal's campaign staff ensured my cousin
was humiliated and escorted out of the building, as if he were a criminal,
by uniformed officers. But my cousin did not commit any crime or threaten
anyone or disrespect or disturb the Jindal rally. He was simply, quietly,
and respectfully accompanying a young woman.

Americans should not be used to this, but unfortunately, we are. President
Bush and his team have been known to "filter" their audiences for rallies
and so-called "town hall meetings," ensuring that their is little room for
productive discourse during events ostensibly billed as a part of the
democratic process ("Quarantining dissent: How the Secret Service Protects
Bush From Free Speech" by the San Francisco Gate). On August 17th, the
federal government paid $80,000 as a settlement for arresting a couple who
wore "Anti-Bush" t-shirts during a rally in South Carolina.

Jindal's campaign, it seems, may be taking a page out of the President's
play book; however, my cousin was not sporting an anti-Jindal t-shirt or
causing any type of dissension or disruption.

Republican apologists may question this, as if my cousin was a nuisance by
virtue of his own personal political beliefs and therefore deserved to be
humiliated and escorted out of an event sponsored by and featuring a man who
would like to become our governor. But my cousin was not there to ask any
questions or to voice or express any protest. He was simply accompanying a
young woman who had invited him to hear a speech by a candidate for
governor.

Representative Jindal has a history of avoiding debates and difficult
questions, including questions about his close professional relationship
with embattled US Senator David Vitter. If this man would like to be our
governor, then he should allow for a free, open, and transparent exchange of
ideas. Otherwise, he is attempting to subvert the healthy discourse and
debate on issues and ideas to which we are all entitled as Louisiana voters.

If this was some type of colossal mistake or misunderstanding perpetrated by
renegade members of the Jindal campaign, then Representative Jindal should
immediately distance himself from and fire the campaign workers who ordered
the use of our police force to engage in an act that of intolerance and
discrimination against a college student who simply wanted to accompany a
young Jindal-supporting woman to a campaign event.

I honestly hope Jindal and his campaign have the human decency to apologize.
If this is cleared up, I will gladly publish Representative Jindal's
response. Please leave a comment with a legitimate e-mail address (or send
an e-mail to lamarw at gmail dot com), and I will be happy to direct you to
my cousin, a compassionate and understanding person who simply deserves an
apology.