[StBernard] predicament

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 26 23:08:35 EDT 2007

Gaby, I have never bashed anyone that worked in the nursing home industry
or in a hospital setting, or any other setting that stayed for Katrina, or
any other storm for that matter. I do not blame the staff, doctors, nurses,
or anyone. I think they are to be commended. I am not cussing or fussing
at them. I'm just saying some people always will, and you can't please
everyone. My young neice was at Baptist during the storm, a nurse with the
premies and it was a miracle none died. They needed to evacuate in
helicopters with the little ones. No sleep for three days. No power. No
showers. I realize the situation every caretaker was in. I do not think the
doctors committed murder and I don't think the owners of St. Rita's
committed murder. I think they made a terrible mistake, but I do not think
they meant to kill their patients. Hind sight is 20/20 and I just think it
would have been worth all the bad mouthing they would have recieved to keep
their patients alive. It was a tragic decision.

Laurie