[StBernard] Governor Debate LPB debate

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 26 23:18:25 EDT 2007

Please see info on governor's debate scheduled for tomorrow night at 7pm on
the LPB Television Network, WYES and WLAE-TV32 in New Orleans. Please send
this to all and get the word out.

http://www.lpb.org/programs/gov/

Leading Louisiana: The Candidates Speak

Continuing a long-standing tradition, LPB <http://www.lpb.org/> and the
Council For A Better Louisiana <http://www.cabl.org/> (CABL) will hold a
televised live forum with the candidates for governor.

. Thursday, September 27 at 7:00 PM from the Old State Capitol in Baton
Rouge

. Repeats Saturday, September 29 at 4:00 PM on the LPB Television Network

Do you have a question for the candidates for Governor? LPB and the Council
for a Better Louisiana (CABL) are looking for questions to use at the forum.
Send your questions and comments
<http://www.lpb.org/programs/gov/email.html> .

Watch the forum live at 7:00 PM on the LPB Television Network and WYES-TV
and WLAE-TV32 in New Orleans. Public Radio stations KEDM-FM in Monroe,
KDAQ-FM in Shreveport and Alexandria and WRKF-FM in Baton Rouge will
simulcast the forum. The event will be streamed
<http://www.lpb.org/programs/gov/video.html> live on LPB Interactive and
archived for later viewing.

"This is an extremely important election for Louisiana, and we are pleased
to again team with CABL to bring voters substantive and informative
debates," said Beth Courtney, LPB President/CEO. "Our state is facing many
serious issues and it's vital that citizens have an opportunity to hear
directly from candidates about their positions on these matters."

As in years past, CABL has set criteria for participation in the forum.
Candidates who have qualified with the Secretary of State's office to run
for governor were invited if they 1) polled at least 5% in a recognized
nonpartisan or news media poll released prior to the forum, OR 2) raised and
spent at least $250,000 in campaign contributions, established a campaign
committee with a treasurer and campaign staff, and filed campaign finance
reports with the Louisiana Board of Ethics prior to the forum.

"We think it is very important for voters across Louisiana to have an
opportunity to find out where candidates stand on important issues," said
Barry Erwin, CABL President & CEO. "Our goal in this forum is to focus on
the issues and ask questions that will be useful to voters." CABL is a
nonprofit, nonpartisan statewide organization working on issues in the
public interest.