[StBernard] to Laurie

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 27 21:33:10 EDT 2007

It was a tragic decision.

Yes, I agree. And thanks for answering.
There are times when I get a bit sensitive. I really think it would be much
better if families and staff work together and form a more trusting team in
these matters.
My initial post was not about evacuating vs staying (as I am an advocate of
evacuating (having done so many many storms), yet I sorely feel the
scapegoating that is done so often.

Schools by themselves dont raise our kids, churches by themselves bring our
kids to Christ, and nursing homes by themselves are incomplete without the
rest of the family for a resident to go through this precious part of their
life journey.

I cringe when I hear the 'we' and 'they' because 'they' is NOT an opponent
but an ally in caring for those who are in 'our' charge, and that includes
most of all those who love them.

Gaby
To live only for some future goal is shallow.
It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.

-Robert M. Pirsig